They stole my house

"Malinda Crichton's new house wasn't burglarized. It wasn't robbed. It was stolen.

"My house was stolen. It was stolen!" Crichton said.

She?s talking about the whole house being taken away under cover of darkness."

Reply to
Oren

That's what happens when your house is on wheels and someone has access to a truck capable of hauling it. Maybe the cops will luckout and be able to lift prints off the tow hitch, or, the shopping center has decent cameras and they can get a visual of the vehicle that dropped it off for her. Would be especially nice to get the license plate. Then the cops could pay the registered owner a visit.

Reply to
Diesel

Fellow at work went off with another to play golf. When he got back to his house, it was gone. A single wide mobile home. All that was left was a pile of his cloths.

His wife had her family hook up to it and drag it off. Now as it could only happed in real life, they devoiced, about a year later got married again. Back in that mobile home. This time he got someone with a torch to cut the hitch off of it.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Shit. Someone broke the seal on the power meter and removed it then? That alone scores a felony in some places. Someone obviously had to take the time to disconnect the wires from the pole to the main panel as well as disconnect water/sewage lines too. Nobody got fined into near oblivion for this? I'm surprised.

Funny yet sad thing about marriage. Depending on the laws in your state, wife can do whatever she likes to mutual property as can you. Er, except from removing power/water lines, that is. Power company/water company tends to get pissy when the average joe goes messing around like that.

I'm surprised (unless people in the family work for power/water companies? and even then, wasn't proper) nobody got in any trouble for disconnecting the power/water and sewage lines prior to moving it.

Reply to
Diesel

This was out in the county so probably on a well and septic system. In this area the home owner/electricians can pull the meter and even put it back in. Just call the electric company and tell them about it. As this was over 25 years ago, the mobile home may have just plugged into a socket.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

My brother and I went camping many years ago. We put everything in the tent based on the prediction of rain. Stove, lanterns, lawn chairs, etc. The only thing we left outside was the food cooler.

We left the campsite for a few hours and came back to find ... the cooler.

This happened in a crowded state campground, not some remote wilderness area. When we asked around, a few people admitted that they thought it was strange when the 4 guys got out of the pickup truck, pulled the tent stakes, wrestled the tent - with all the contents still inside - into the bed of the pickup and then drove off. They assumed that they were simply in a hurry to leave.

Idiots.

Reply to
DerbyDad03