There is no display on my screen.

I am unable to heat my house. Is there a reset? Would it help? I've no instruction and it's cold
On 3/29/2015 11:44 AM, Bassman wrote:

On 03/29/2015 11:18 AM, FrozenNorth wrote:

Good call. More than likely the batteries are dead, but it could be tarnished contacts. Either way a simple fix.
On Sunday, March 29, 2015 at 10:44:05 AM UTC-5, Bassman wrote:

I have a Hunter Model 44260 that will do that every once in a while (not often)...it's not the batteries or the contacts. It's done it twice in about 3 yrs.
On 3/29/2015 11:44 AM, Bassman wrote:

Did you pay the cable bill?
Oh, you mean on the thermostat. First I'd check the batteries. If that does not fix the problem, you can often just jump two wires together and that will start the heater. Meantime, get a new 'stat.
On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 15:44:01 +0000, Bassman

Set yourself on fire. I hear that TROLLS burn very well!
snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

I have to tell my recent story. I started noticing my furnace was acting strange. Outside, I heard the draft fan cycling. I seemed to notice changes in performance. One day I turned up the heat in the morning, about 7 degrees. Took an hour. Second day I verified and called serviceman. On the privious day I did change batteries. I knew from past experience low batteries caused some other malfunction in logic, and battery low indicator does not come on before this happens. Batteries were 2.6 volts instead of 3 volt. Service man tested furnace at furnace, ran fine. Next day same problem, gas valve would cycle on off with draft motor running continuously. I banged on thermostat, display went dead. I dont think this was the problem, but gave me an excuse to buy a cheap honneywell. I installed and things were fine. I never heard the other thermostat click off. I'm suspecting some kind of poor intermittent contact, possibly in relay. Connections seemed tight. I could have tried to measure with meter, but I was in a hurry to get heat. The other troubleshooting issue I was having, I changed air filter before serviceman came. We were thinking possible restriction might have caused cycling. Working fine now, but I hate the cheap thermostat.
Greg