The power Went Out - No Heat....

This is an important question, courtesy of Homeland Security

The power Went Out - There's not heat coming out of your furnace and It's freezing cold outdoors and getting colder by the minute in the house.

What would YOU do? _______________________________

What would a BLONDE do? ______________________________

(Note, if YOU are blonde, you can skip the first question)

Reply to
Homeland.Security

Light the wood burning stove.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I would immediately complain that the government wasn't working fast enough to help me...

Reply to
George

Freeze to death.

If I see one around here I'll ask it.

Reply to
dnoyeB

-> This is an important question, courtesy of Homeland Security

->

-> The power Went Out - There's not heat coming out of your furnace and

-> It's freezing cold outdoors and getting colder by the minute in the

-> house.

->

->

-> What would YOU do? _______________________________

I have gas heat. Is that still working? If not, I'd start a fire in the fireplace and stay close by.

Oh, wait. I live in central Texas. Although it is occasionally freezing cold it never stays freezing cold for long.

I like the "complain about the government" answer, too. I might do that some.

There's always the car. It has a heater. I could sit in there until I run out of gas. If possible, I'd go buy more gas.

-> What would a BLONDE do? ______________________________

I'm dying to find out.

Reply to
Suzie-Q

Start my generator! I have 2, just in case:)

If no gas for heat, then drain what water lines I could, antifreeze in toilet bowls, and if no wood stove go to neighbors with fireplace.

although some think this question funny, its serious.

a terrorist could take out power / heat in winter causing so much grief...

its going to happen one day.............

Reply to
hallerb

good point, it happens all the time with only a little help from Ma Nature, imagine what could happen if someone actually did this intentionally.

continue heating the house if gas service is still available. If not, hook up the propane space heater and crack a window open to allow fresh air in (necessary for the space heater and to avoid CO problems) - also move my digital CO monitor to an outlet nearest the heater and keep a very close eye on it.

I also happen to be blond.

Oh yeah, nobody's mentioned FEMA yet, I think I'd give them a call and ask them to pay for me to stay indefinitely in a hotel.

Reply to
louie

I dont exp[ect much from FEMA:(

Its a known fact they are incompetent.

Although a nice week at a 400 dollar a nite hotel might be nice:)

Reply to
hallerb

That happened to me in December 1999. Then, we had a long power failure and freezing nights. That's when I discovered the house I bought last year had gas logs.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Do like my in-laws, buy a generator for y2k, never bother to hook it up, complain everytime the power goes out and it starts to get cold.

Reply to
tsltrek

I'm the blond lady - I'm the one who got the generator going and connected to the transfer box because, being unencumbered by testosterone, I:

  1. planned ahead
  2. read the directions

Take that! :-P

Cheers, Banty

Reply to
Banty

Build a fire in the woodburner and /or drag in the Kero-Sun heater from the garage (even if they do smell)

A dumb blonde would plug in an electric space heater, start having a tizzy fit when it did not work, and drive to Walmart to buy a new electric space heater. (which of course would be returned to walmart an hour later and exchanged for another, and that would continue till either the power came back on, or the car ran out of gas, or the Walmart customer service dept. refused any more exchanges.

Of course there's the blonde that lives next door. She's just walk over to the neighbor to trade some sex for some heat, then start whining when she found he had no heat too..... And we all know what happens to a man's sexual abilities when his body gets chilled. :)

WOW, a smart blonde. That's rare, maybe you can get into the guiness book of records LOL

Reply to
maradcliff

Cheers to you Banty! I know some "blonde" men that couldn't do what you just said.

Reply to
Gntry

Actually, I'm a brunette. But I *am* a lady. I responded that way because I know these "blonde" jokes aren't referring to Boomer Esiason!

Cheers, Banty

Reply to
Banty

That's cheatin'