The difference between asbestos and metal in the eye.

The difference between asbestos and metal in the eye.

When they give warnings about asbestos, fiberglass, mercury, and many other things, I often point out that the wanings really only apply to those who work with that stuff at their job, espeically if it's 40 hours a week for years.

So what is the difference between working with metal 40 hours a week for years and as a hobbiyist, when it comes to metal in the eye? None. As people described in the previous thread.

So what is the difference between asbestos, fiberglass, and mercury, verus metal in one's eye?

A big one. When it comes to asbestos, fiberglass, mercury, etc. the question is whether to worry about exposure in the past. And whether one's symptoms if he has any have anything to do with the exposure.

But these people aren't considering doing something to make their situation worse. With metal in the eye and a planned MRI, one IS planning to make things worse, and he can drop those plans if he wants to. .

The clerk at the MRI lab said the MRI can ruin one's vision, at least in one eye, I guess.

Reply to
micky

The difference in Usenet and Facebook. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

Until someone comes up with an actual case report where some normal, sane, person had a metal or fiberglass shard embedded permanently in their eye and never knew it happened, I say this whole thing is a bunch of malarky to begin with.

I have had things in my eye twice. Both were so small they could not be seen with the naked eye. Both were so extremely painful, annoying that I remember them both even though they were decades ago. I went a whole weekend with one of them and it was pure hell.

Now, if you have alzheimers, are a drug addict, liar, etc, then anything is possible. And IMO, THAT is what these MRI places are trying to protect themselves legally from. They don't want to get sued, so they subject everyone to going to another doctor, getting an Xray. Not unusual and in the various areas of medicine, it's one of the things driving healthcare costs up for all of us.

Plus I provided links in the past to two MRI facilities that have policies where they limit their concern to those that know they had metal in their eyes. They don't require everyone to go get an X-ray because they worked with metal in the past......

Reply to
trader4