Tecumseh 7 HP Snowblower Engine: Fuel Pump Question, Please

Hello:

Many, and I mean many, years ago I repaired a B&S engine on a lawn riding tractor. Seems all the seals in the simple vacuum operated fuel pump had gone bad.

Having trouble starting my Ariens 7 HP typical walk behind snow blower. Has a Tecumseh engine in it.

Don't have a manual for it.

Was wondering:

Do they use a fuel pump on this general type of engine ? Similar to what I described above ?

If so, where would it probably be mounted.

----- If not, how is the fuel fed to the engine ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

No fuel pump, that I've ever seen, with basic small gas engine. Gravity-fed from tank above float-bowl, just like Henry's "T." Relies on carb float-valve working, and maybe a manual valve being open, and passages not being blocked by rust or dirt.

HTH, J

Reply to
barry