tear in vinyl floor

Greetings. Today I had to do some electrical work and I moved the fridge. When I moved it back, I found that one of the legs of the fridge tore my kitchen floor. I'm trying to figure out how to best repair it.
I believe the floor is vinyl, but I don't know what it is. It could be laminate or even Linoleum. Beat's me. I am an idiot when it comes to flooring and identification/terminology. What I can tell you is that it's the stuff you commonly see on kitchen floors. It comes in a huge roll and it's a plastic rubber-type sheet that's glossy and often is patterned to look like tile. You can walk into any Home Depot and you'll see it.
Anyway, any suggestions how I can patch this flooring? It's still mostly intact (there's a flap) and I can essentially push it back into it's original place without difficulty. But...obviously...I want to be able to seal it down so it's flush and not too noticeable.
Thanks!
contact cement or get the right adhesive. move everything out of way clean and dry area. lift flap and force adhesive in best possible, put back down and use a small roller to get out bumps and air bubbles
On 28 Jan 2006 20:42:09 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@pobox.com wrote:

Real linoleum hasn't been used in homes for more than 30 years I think. It's stiff and comes in boring patterns. There is what is called vinyl linoleum, but iiuc that is just another name for vinyl, vinyl flooring. They use "linoleum" to indicate that it comes in a sheet several feet wide, and not tiles.

Other people know how to fix it better than I.
On 28 Jan 2006 20:42:09 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@pobox.com wrote: smear a small amount of multipurpose adhesive under the tear, roll/smooth out area, and let dry for a few....go to lowes and buy an armstrong seam sealer kit ...make sure you get the right one ...low gloss, or gloss whichever your vinyl is.... apply the sedam sealer as per instructions....never have a problem again.....

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 09:46:12 -0500, Peter Griffin

In addition to this, heat that flap with a torch or heat gun- It will make it pliable.
3rd eye wrote:

Well if it's flexable it's probably vinyl. I have a kit from Armstrong: S-595 Seam Coating Kit or S-564 Low Gloss. I bought it to seal seams in my vinyl floor. Never actually used it however. It contains a cleaner and a two part seaming material. Got it from Menards so it's probably available at most like that. Richard
Everyone, thanks for your help! I went out and got Loctite brand "Vinyl & Plastic Repair" adhesive along with a Armstrong "High Gloss S-595 Seam Coating Kit". Hopefully this will do the trick. I'll post back with my results.
Thanks again.
Well, the Loctite adhesive along with the Armstrong "High Gloss S-595 Seam Coating Kit" seems to have done the trick. You can still see where the tear was, but I have to guess if one didn't know it was there, you'd not see it.
Thanks again!