Tappan Oven Won't Heat

I've got a Tappan range (Model 30-8072-00). The oven has suddenly stopped working. Top burners light fine. But when I turn the knob to heat the oven I can observe what I assume to be the igniter glowing bright red down there, but do not smell or hear any gas coming out. As I said, the stove-top burners are getting gas and igniting fine, but no gas down in the oven. What are the most likely causes of this?
Thanks!
Steve Thomas wrote:

The part of the oven switch that opens the gas port to the oven? It happened on my Kenmore (Roper) range.
snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (Steve Thomas) wrote in message

Hi,
The glow coil ignitor CAN glow red and not be good, it may be weak and can no longer open the gas valve....info on this and how to check is below.... http://www.applianceaid.com/gas.html#glow
A couple of common Tappan glow coil ignitors: http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N872 Oven igniter assembly, short ceramic, with bracket and wires, overall length is 3.72" http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&NI3679 Oven igniter assembly, long ceramic, with bracket and wires