tappan gas oven problem

Just bought a mobile home - has newish Tappan Oven. Oven has an igniter not a pilot light. Model 12-2299-10/06 I can not turn the knob that is supposed to turn it on / set temperature. Have tried pushing in while I turn - nothing. If I pull out the knob comes off. Is this some sort of interlock trying to communicate something to me? The clock works thus it has power. The gas valve is open - I assume I have gas to the line. Might this mean that the igniter is burned out? Thanks for your advice Dick Knox

Reply to
dickknox

Hi,

If the shaft will not turn on the oven temp control, the control may be seized and bad. Control comes up as no longer available on this 1992ish oven.

Normally no...the control could still be set but the ignitor would not come on.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid