Tape for below grade applications??

Hi All,
I have a project that requires using tape to attach drainage mat to foundation wall.
What kind of tape is approved for this application? Will duct tape work? They recommend 3'' underground tape. I've never heard or seen a product specifically called underground tape.
I cannot imagine any tape that would work unless it was specifically made by the manufacturer of the drain board for that purpose. I would call them up and see what they are talking about. Most times the mat is attached with the waterproofing compound and carefully back filled to hold it in place. They may mean to use the tape temporarily as you back fill.