Tap Water being Changed to Digital on Feb 17.

Page 1 of 2
The US Federal Government has issued a change in water supplies. Starting Februsry 17, 2009, All tap water in the USA is going digital. If you want to continue to use your tap water after this date, you are required to purchase a digital tap converter (DTC) for every faucet in your house. They must be purchased by this date or your taps will no longer have any water. These DTC converters are currently being produced, and will be available beginning February 15, 2009. The estimated cost is $500 for each converter. You will need one converter for every tap in your house. The government is issuing coupons for $40 off the cost of each DTC. Maximum TWO coupons per household. You can sign up for your coupons immediately. Please allow 8 to 10 weeks for processing and delivery.
Digital water is far superior to standard water. It's clearer, cleaner, quieter, and has less visual imperfections. It also saves energy, and once you purchase your DTC converter, you'll be able to get three types of water from each tap, (Cold, Lukewarm, and Hot). Even the outdoor spigots on your house will be capable of all three types of water, so you can choose which type of water you want to use on your garden or lawn.
If you're not sure if you are currently getting digital water, fill a clear glass or bottle with water from your tap. Wrap a piece of white letter quality paper around the glass and apply a piece of Scotch tape to keep it in place. Hold this glass up to a any compact florescent lightbulb. Standard water will look white and distort the image of the bulb, while digital water will be so clear that you will see right through the paper wrap and you will see every spiral in the bulb.
Digital Tap Water, the water of the Future !!! So clear, so quiet, you won't even know it's there.
To apply for your free coupon(s), go here: www.dtc.gov
On Feb 7, 2:46am, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

DTCs are reviewed at consumers reports, some have bad flow and an Ion taste, some leak electricity and you need to wear rubber gloves or suits when you shower.
ransley wrote:

not to worry. the wesguys over at Weasel Guys Laboratories did as of yesterday issue a recall on the leaky DTWC. the ones being recalled were made by Guy-0 from Ohio Inc.
there was an article in this weeks publication of You Screwed stating how Guy-0 from Ohio Inc. is in a transition due to their relocation of their manufacturing facility to China and as a result their customers are experiencing delays in having their orders processed for a replacement DTWC. the article did provide a link to a web page put up by Guy-0 from Ohio Inc. outlining the procedure for changing out the faulty diode responsible for the problem. customers with broad band access should have no problems downloading the technical manuals containing detailed instructions for this field grade retrofit.
ransley wrote:

Just avoid the DTCs made by KBR to avoid the last problem.
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

Perhaps you need a dumb-shit converter so you don't sounds so stupid. Now go back to your job at the buggy whip factory.
-john-
John A. Weeks III 612-720-2854 snipped-for-privacy@johnweeks.com
John A. Weeks III wrote:

did you not understand that this was a joke from the Late Show?

I don't watch network TV, so I have no clue what is on the late show. I simply thought it was a very bad joke that made fun of the 20 year long effort to move to a better quality TV standard. The new high quality TV signals have been a long time coming, and now some luddite wimps are trying to torpedo the change because of their fear of change and inability to cope with technology. I guess they want to keep listening to 8-track tapes while they commute to their jobs at the buggy whip factory.
-john-
John A. Weeks III 612-720-2854 snipped-for-privacy@johnweeks.com

make illegal supporting any of these illegal
. market forces made the transistion quite well without government mandates, federal spending for coupons, and intrusive federal mandates.........
disrupting a large number of our countries citizens. even those with cable or satellite can be confused, like some elderly realtives who despite all the info wanty to buy a new tv so i can see the news...........
In article

Have you every tried to operate a buggy (or any non-motorized vehicle) on an interstate highway? I think you will find that they are outlawed. The government has entire volumes of regulations on motor vehicles and highway usage.
The issue with radio spectrum is that it is a very limited resource, and it is in very high demand. There isn't room for every service that business wants to build and operate, so someone has to make choices. The choice is that technology evolves. We went from spinning disk TV to CRT TV, then B&W to color, shut down channel #1, added UHF, converted to stereo, and then pulled back the high UHF. Nobody got in a panic when that happened, so why are people so confounded when the most recent change is improving the quality?

So what do you consider all the federal and local government spending on highways to be? Money from Santa Clause? The oil and auto industry is heavily subsidized. A recently published University of Minnesota study says that the government spends just under $4 per gallon to bring each gallon of gasoline to market. That is considering the cost of military protection for oil, homeland security, and regulatory efforts.

TV is not a right. No one owes you TV service. If someone fails to go to the grocery store, they don't eat that evening. Same with TV-- if you don't take care of business, you shouldn't be surprised at the result.
-john-
John A. Weeks III           612-720-2854

sorry in the case of the 3 billion losing all tv service, where analog is still avilable the feds came in and locked the grocery store doors, so familys will go hungry.
i support the upgrade providing the service doesnt shrink

Because then can. Of the money you pay tot he cable or satellite companies, I doubt much goes to the actual production of the shows. One of the nice features of my cable plan (that I pay extra for) is a DVR. I record a lot of shows and later watch them at my convenience and I can fast forward through the commercials. Aside from the news, about 20% of what I watch in in real time.
Per Ed Pawlowski:

I do the same thing with over-the-air TV.
I watch 95% of my TV via recordings.
I can't even imagine having to sit through commercials.
Only gripe I have with the setup I'm using is that it doesn't flag and auto-skip commercials: I have to do it myself with the fast forward button.
I suspect we're the only house left in Chester County that doesn't have cable or dish.
--
PeteCresswell

Cable is overpriced, but they do have a better selection of networks. History Channel, National Geographic, Discovery, BBC, and a few others have very interesting programming.
Per Ed Pawlowski:

That's part of the reason (besides being cheap) that I've stayed away from it this long: I'd spend half my life in front of the box.
When I visit my #2 daughter, who has cable, I'm transfixed for hours at a time - just like you said: History, Nat'l Geo, Discovery, CSPANs...
--
PeteCresswell

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

lot is better.

What does that have to do with anything? But if you need to know, I have a degree in mathematics and am an engineer. I can do an FFT in my sleep. My fact sheet on the DTV change on my web site is widely viewed and is linked to by a number of newspapers and TV stations. That, however, has nothing to do with clicking the "on" button on a TV remote control, and watching a movie in HD.

I have a great sense of humor. I am simply miffed that I am being penalized after I took the initiative to understand this change in TV and get all my ducks in a row. And then to have someone come along and make fun of me over it is something that I simply could not let pass without commenting on it. Finally, the digital water thing was not funny. Digital farts might have been a little more humorous, but both concepts are hardly an original thought.
-john-
John A. Weeks III 612-720-2854 snipped-for-privacy@johnweeks.com

Perhaps, but it certainly did not show up here. It was not a personal attack on you.

That is hardly an excuse for being either a jerk or a bigot. People of low character tend to be pariah no matter the mode of communications.
-john-
John A. Weeks III 612-720-2854 snipped-for-privacy@johnweeks.com
Now don't get your panties in a bunch. Lighten up, sheesh.
On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 13:49:10 -0600, "John A. Weeks III"

Per John A. Weeks III:

It's here. Nobody's going to stop it.
Having said that and coming from analog with rabbit ears on each TV in the house (with which we were totally 100% satisfied), I find digital tb quite an additional expense for what?
Ability to see the chicken skin on the neck of my favorite newscaster?
Bad lip synch?
Having to wait between channel changes?
It's here, I've adapted to it... even had a certain amount of gratification running the wires and buying the gear.... but there's no way in the world that it's a step up in functionality for me.
It's like somebody forced me to retire my current car and buy something that goes 120 mph and negotiates curves at much higher speeds. Yeah, it's technically a better car... but I don't drive that fast and my reflexes/coordination, not my vehicle, limit my speed around curves
Unwanted, unused, unappreciated technical improvement? Yes.
Significant additional expense? Yes.
Actually-Used functional improvement? No way Jose'.
--
PeteCresswell