t.v. cleaning question

Thanks to all, who advised me a few weeks back about my jvc stereo t.v. that was going bad. I priced out the vertical transformer, and it was just too pricey to make it worthwhile to repair. I purchased a sony wega 27fs210 television. Dual tuner picture in picture, flat screen 27 inch and I made a new wooden cabinet to my specifications. It took me about three weeks to make and finish it, thats why the lag before replacing the t.v. Question I have, is that in the directions or on sonys site, there is no instruction on how to clean the flat screen itself, only the non screen part. I have had various flat screen computer monitors, and each of them, invariably had different cleaning instructions. Such as use windex on cloth and then wipe screen. Another, no alcohol, another only dry wipe, etc. So, how do I clean the screen on my new sony, to get the built up dust and static clean off it, without creating over time, fine scratch lines.
Much regards Jerry

Always a safe bet: a lint free cotton towel moistened with warm water followed by a dry cotton towel to dry the screen and prevent waterspots.

stereo
in
there
of
on
built
If there are smokers in the house you will need something stronger than just plain water. Windex works well for me. If it gets real grungy, use 409.
Gasoline powered pressure washer. About 2500 PSI.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

on your set, and let me know how it goes?
wwwwooorrkkkeeeddd gggrrreeeeaaatttt ooonnn ttthhheeeee mmmmoooonnnnniiiittttooorrrr bbbuuutttt wwwwwwwhhhheeeeennnn iiiii ddddiiiidddd tttthhheeee kkkkeeeeyyyybbbbooooaaaaarrrrrdddd ttttthhhhheeeee kkkkkeeeeyyyssss rrreeepppeeeaaaaatttt llllliiikkkeeee tttthhhheeee ssswwwwiiiitttttccchhhheeesss aaaarrreee ssssttttiiiillll wwweeeettt...
ccccaaannn IIII dddrrrryyyyy iiiiittttttt iiiiiinnn ttttthhheeee cccllllllooootttthhhhheeeesss dddrrrrryyyyeeeeeeerrrr????????
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

You must not use water to clean it though. Just use gasoline in the cleaning tank. You need to blast it for quite a while, so have a smoke while you'r doing it.
--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | mailto: snipped-for-privacy@i.am | Ian Stirling.

Yes, and dry it off with some sandpaper.
SSSSaaannndddddpppppppaaapppeeerrrrr?????? WWiiilll tttthhhaatt gggggeeeettt iiiitttt ttttooo sssstoooppp rrrreeeppppeeeeaatttinnnngg??????
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
j.lef wrote:

> fine scratch lines.
Go to a computer store and get a packet of disposable "monitor wipes". If your screen has a modern anti-glare coating, these won't degrade it over time, whereas household cleaners such as Windex are alleged to.
j.lef wrote:

Go to the Sony web site and check there, probably in their FAQ. If it isn't there they will probably have a way to send them a question.
Bill Gill
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (j.lef) writes:

I use a soft cloth and Liquid Paper CRT Screen Cleaner (Aerosol). Spray the cleaner on the cloth, not on the screen. You can buy CRT cleaner at any office supply store.
--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc