swimming pool fiberglass top coat problem

Hi, I bought a house with an inground pool. I believe it has a gunite shell with fiberglass lining. I recently had a new top coat put on. The contractor hand sanded the old topcoat (which would come off in clouds of dust when brushed) to apply two layers of top coat. I noticed while swimming that all over the pool are tiny holes, most likely left from bubbles when he applied the top coat. Are these a problem? Seems like they would reduce the lifetime of the top coat since there are edges. Also algae tends to grow in those holes. I feel like he should fix the problem since I wouldn't accept a paint job with bubbles so why accept this. Then again, I dont know if the top coat is thicker than paint and inevitable will get some bubbles from the brushes. And what do I say if he gives me the old "it happens all the time and there's nothing I can do about it". Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Tom

Oh yeah.

He doesn't get paid.

What's that, Tom? You foolishly paid in advance or without properly inspecting the finished job?

He gets a love letter from your lawyer.

Not willing or not worth it to go that far? Then live with it. Complaining yourself to the contractor won't work. They only respond to getting positive money (getting paid) or negative money (getting sued).

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Stop payment, call the local enforcement agency

Bubbles will cause the new coating to fail prematurely.

Personally I do not know why any one would fiberglass over gunite. But I live in Arizona and I have only known one person that had a fiberglass pool. It started leaking so he bought 60 yards of top soil and buried it. It was a shell set in sand

Reply to
SQLit