Swimming Pool Fiberglass Coating?

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:59:13 -0500, Richard J Kinch

I honestly do not think you would work for so little money.... even using a 5 gallon bucket it would take you way to long to empty the pool...and your back would require about $3,000 dollars worth of Muscle Relaxants just to allow you to stand up
But I do get your point.... lol
Bob G.
Stuart Benoff wrote:

Yes, I have the fiberglass coating on my pool that was applied to the old plaster finish. The pool is in Arizona and both my neighbor and I had the pools resurfaced with fiberglass in 1989 (shasta pools did the fiberglass). My pool is now ready to be resurfaced again, and his is holding up better, so the fiberglass held out for ~15 years, roughly the same duration of plaster in the same era her in hardwater Arizona... The fiberglass is a very maintenance free surface, far superior to plaster in my opinion, because algae doesn't seem to be able to attach to it. It is very easy to clean, I treat it just like a giant bathtub when service draining and cleaning... It cost rought ~3000 to resurface a 15K gallon pool in fiberglass back in 1989...
Beware of any fiberglass company that agrees to cover concrete coping with fiberglass. It indicates they don't know what they're doing, or they don't plan on being in business for long.
Coping stones move, allowing water to seep-in between the fiberglass and the concrete coping. This, in turn, allows water to get between the fiberglass and the wall of the pool. Thus, delamination begins.
This is a major cause of the horror stories about pool resurfacing with fiberglass.