whole house air conditioner

i have a Coleman that is about 7 yrs old. it stopped blowing cold air yesterday ( here in northern Ca., it's been hot, so the air has been on for

2 weeks off and on).

i noticed it isn't blowing as hard, nor as cold. my house got 87 degrees yesterday with it running (it was set at 72).

  1. so i changed the fuses ...had them checked out, the guy at Orchard Supply. they said they were fine, but i replaced them anyway just to be on the safe side.

  1. the filter was bad, but not real bad, so i replaced that.

  2. turned off the thermostat and the breaker for over an hour. did a re-start, but nada.

the airconditioner is running, but it isn't putting out the cold air or the air flow it should.

i had a friend of a friend check it out about 4 months ago and he said it was fine. it didn't need any freon etc at all at the time.

any ideas? i called an air conditioning company, but they can't get here for another 2 days.

Reply to
FH

yes, but i've had it shut off since yesterday evening and it is now noon the following day and it still isn't working.

Reply to
FH

Have you been running your air-conditioner non-stop? If so your coils may be froze up. If they are it'll take a few hours for them to thaw out.

Reply to
superflysmith

in other words, nothing i tried worked (and no, nothing became worse).... i changed the fuses because that is one of the first things someone would think of (besides the the breaker box).

Reply to
FH

Maybe you could be more descriptive than "nada". Did things get worse after you changed the fuses? I have no idea why you would change the fuses.

Reply to
Matt

Mobile home unit, or a York rebadge stick built unit?

So, you lost airflow and its heating up?

I dont have a clue WHY you would do that. Fuses are either fine, or they are not.

Every 30 days, or less, depending on your situation..

Nada what? Nada, it did the same thing, or it didnt do shit this time?

And....you know this how? Whats the RH%? Whats the outside temps? What was the design temp for your area? When was the last time you serviced the unit correctly? What kind of unit is it, model wise? FRP air handler? Mobile home? Whats the suction line temp? Whats the suction line pressure? Whats the liquid line pressure? Superheat?

And it worked 4 months ago? Did he clean it and service it right?

Two days? You got a hell of a deal there...around here where I am at now on business, its a week to ten days, and my company back in NC is working on a

5 day delay right now. Id come up and check it for you, but you are a hell of a way from SouthernCA now...lol >
Reply to
Carolina Breeze HVAC