Sunroom Solarium glass problems

I have a 3rd floor condo, with an attached glass solarium. Over the last 2 years, some of the glass (double pane w/ aluminum frame) have begun fogging inside.
Recently, one thermo glass panel somehow accumulated 1 1/2 inches of standing water.
I live in Chicago and winter is approaching. Given how cold it can get, and the natural room heating and warmth on the inside, what is the possiblility of the water freezing solid and shattering the glass?
The solarium was installed 10 years ago, the brand and installer are unknown. I was given one estimate of $500 to remove and replace a 3' x 3' section of glass.
Comments? What other questions do I need to ask bidders on this project?
:-) wrote:

Silly question: Are you sure it is your responsibility, and not the condo board's? Sounds dangerous.

last 2

fogging
and
possiblility
3'
project?
It could be his responsibility, most condo associations cover the condo building and condo owner is responsible for any upgrades and additions(sounds like this was an addition)...
My 2c,
Matty
I doubt very much if freezing will be a problem. There should be expansion room.even if it does.. But I had the same problem with a solarium in our previous home. The panels were called "Heat Mirror" and apparently had an inert gas between two panes of glass. But the seal deteriorated on several. There had been a problem because it was a new product at the time and it was manufactured somewhere in Eastern Europe. The company (Four Seasons) was quite good about replacing them at cost (after the warranty had expired.) But they are expensive, especially the curved sections.

get,