Sun-Tek tubular skylights

I'm planning to install a tube-type skylight in my foyer. My local home improvement store (Lowe's) tells me that the Sun-Tek brand is the original and best quality of this style of skylight. It seems rather expensive ($450 + 350 labor). Does anyone have experience with this brand? There's very little information on the Web about Sun-Tek.
I always thought Solatube was the original. They have their own dealers I believe.

the

Geez -- can you do it yourself, or find someone who can do it for you for less? They aren't that hard to install, and designed for DIY installation.
-Tim

But you can't warranty the installation - my SolarTube skylight included a 10 year warranty in case of leaks (and it didn't cost anywhere as much as the OP's quote for the tube and installation!)
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

My Solatubes (10" models) cost about $450 each including installation 3 years ago, and I'm extremely happy with them, as are others that I both know personally and have read about on usenet. The installer was great - actually left my attic cleaner than it was when he started! Might want to talk to your local Solatube dealer. http://www.solatube.com
--
Debbie the Underdogged das at spamcop dot net
"I'm not crazy, I've just been in a very bad mood for 40 years."