Suggestions for good quality caulk

Hello,
Will be replacing 7 vinyl windows in about two weeks. Was thinking about using silicon but think it could be a big mess. Don't want to be wiping excess away with mineral spirits.
I've used DAP many times but don't know if there is anything better.
Want something that won't shrink when dry and paintable.
Thanks...btb

Most pure silicone should not be painted.
All the brands including Dap have several quality and price levels. You get what you pay for in most cases.
I use the ALEX plus or Ultra for most of my projects. Both have silicone added and are paintable.
Colbyt

Thanks for your reply -
DAP ALEX PLUS Acrylic Latex Caulk Plus Silicone Superior quality, multi-purpose acrylic latex caulk plus silicone. Highly flexible and durable. Excellent adhesion. Cured caulk is mildew resistant. Interior/exterior use. Paintable. Water clean-up. 35 Year Durability Guarantee. Exceeds ASTM Specification C 834.
Sounds like a plan
On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 07:01:07 -0700 (PDT), Brent Bolin

I've used DAP for many years and never had any problems with it. Why change?

I am a big fan of caulk by Tremco and Sonneborn, but neither are easy to clean up. You might have trouble finding them as none of the "big box" stores carry them. Way better than than any latex product.
JK
Years ago, I made a little jingle for myself "Dap is crap, Dow is wow." May be of some use to you.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus