Substitute for outdoor garbage can lid

Well, I had a meeting tonight next door to home depot and I ran in.

My probably 32-gallon garbage can has NO brand name on it, somehow, but it looked just like some 45 gallon garbage cans with the Rubbermaid name on it. (Mine actually has a non-wrinkled area on the front with no name embossed there!)** I measured it with my arm, and theirs is a lot bigger than mine. The clerk thought they sold metal lids separately but only metal. But I have to find a store or website that sells the right size first.

But if you bought Rubbermaid separately recently, I'm on the right trail.

**A couple of my neigbhors have the same size. I'll have to go look if they have a brand name next garbage day. But they weren't around when my lid went missing. Their cans and lids were lying in their yards. I went out within an hour of the garbage collection. No one was around except the garbage men.... at least that I saw.

Reply to
mm

Did the next guy downstream from you (as the packer truck drives) maybe have an EXTRA lid you didn't notice? Maybe the guy on the back forgot to let go....

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Buy a new can with a hinged lid and wheels.

Cut large holes in the bottom of the old can, invert it and use it as a composter. No waste, and a positive ending.

Reply to
gwandsh

I am pretty sure both Lowes and Home Despot have stacks of lids-only. Get one and use a big marker to put you street address on it. In our neighborhood, we need to use (indentical) supplied garbage and recycling containers. Everybody has theirs marked with their street number.

Reply to
gwandsh

That's a very good point. I looked in that direction but I didn't think of that or look harder. I'll check it out some more. Thanks

P&M because it's been a few days.

Reply to
mm