Structural Adhesive, And Usage of ?

Hello,
I guess there are all sorts of "Structural Adhesives" available these days: boith from a type and brands viewpoint.
Would sure appreciate any suggestions re the following.
Have a railroad tie that is used for delineating the border of a garden that has rotted out and needs to be replaced.
It's very old, and hard to tell how it was ever held in place. It rests agains a brick bottom.
Would like to be ablew to hold it in place without trying to get an extremely long screw of tie rod thru it and the brick.
Was wondering if I can use some sort of what I guess is commonly called a Structural Adhesive to hold it in place ? (it's outdoors of course)
I'm thinking of the kind that comes in a tube and is used with one of those metal push-guns. But of course would consider a can of some stuff also.
Is this a good application for these stuctual adhesives ? If so, any suggestion as to type and brand ?
Anything better, or a better approach ?
Much thanks, Bob
Construction adhesive is probably your best choice. Surfaces should be fairly clean and dry. Look for an adhesive rated for subfloors, exterior garden wall work, or at least a 400 rating.
Here is an example: http://www.stickwithpl.com/ProductsList.aspx?ID=PANEL-CONSTRUCTION-ADHESIVES PL400

http://www.liquidnails.com/ViewProductListing.do
A thing is conventional because it works. Any deviation from that is at your own risk. Will it be subjected to freeze/thaw cycles? Tom
Neeed more info for a reasonable reply........
a single RR tie length? a single RR tie hieght? burried in ground (both sides)? a "retaining wall" situation (dirt on one side air on the other)?
I've seen RR ties used in a retaining situation (two ties high, ~16") nothing holding them in place but gravity & fear.
I would advise against SA's; they prefer clean surfaces for good bond, a creosoted RR tie seems much less than an ideal candidate for SA's
How about just drilling thru the tie & brinck, then poundia #4 ror #5 rebar thru them to tie the system together
Not to sound like a SIKA rep, but I've been given & purchased & used a fair number of their products. They work!
http://www.sikaconstruction.com/con/con-prod.htm
Knowing now what I know about creosoted ties, I would suggest against usign them in a garden situation. I would switch to some sort of CMU block (maybe a DIY crib wall system)
cheers Bob