Strange vibration

Hi,

For a while I couldn't figure out where the vibration noise was coming from. In the attic? A mouse maybe? I searched and searched for a source but could never really pinpoint it. Until one day, months later I was standing outside my house.

I heard it clear as day and I was standing very near to the little black box that the phone line comes into from the street. Short bursts of vibrations coming from the telephone line lasting 1 to 2 seconds. It's happening all the time.

What is this? It's been going on for years. And is it normal?

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve K

This is Turtle.

Call the Phone company and have them come see about it because it is their equipment before it get into your house. The box your speaking about is their equipment and could be go wrong in some way.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Af you have an overhead telephone line coming to your home is there a chance it's wind induced vibration "strumming" a section of the wire?

If that's not it, better call the phone company.

Let us know what it turns out to be.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia