Strange gutter configuration

Page 3 of 3
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Sure. I have roughly 400' of roof line without gutters.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 10/14/11 12:11 pm, dadiOH wrote:

For one year we lived in a townhouse complex with no gutters. Water poured off the roof into the window wells and flooded the basements.
Perce

Can't even hang them on mine.
On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:26:32 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

The fascias on ours follow the roof pitch, rather than being vertical, so it's a pain in the butt to attach gutters. We get huge amounts of snow here too, which means big slides even if the roof is raked often - not good for gutters if it manages to catch them on the way down (BTDT).
As far as the OP's question, I think it's either aesthetics or they just got so far in the job and never quite finished it.
cheers
Jules
On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 21:47:27 +0000 (UTC), Jules Richardson

No fascia at all on ours. The (the fake) rafter ends are exposed.

The point is that the absence of gutters, particularly a small section, is not something that will inevitably ruin a house.
harry wrote:

Florida. Roughly 50 inches per year, mostly June - Sept.
--

dadiOH

and no basement
In many cases gravel filled "ditch" around the house to drain off the rainfall from the roof.