stoping a leak in basement

I have a drain pipe going through the poured concrete in my basement wall, it only leaks around the pipe (4" PVC) I tried to caulk it but it didn't work. any other ideas?
Thanks!
Rob
Unfortunately, the simplest way is to find the source of the leak, and fix it. Probably involves replacing section of pipe, or at least clamping on an external patch.
HTH, J
The implication was that the leak was ground water, seeping in around the pipe. Not that the pipe was leaking.
However, the original poster didn't specify. We need more information.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

this is correct. ground water seepage
Is leak coming from inside the pipe or is it groundwater coming in from outside?
if from outside - you need to keep the water away from the pipe to begin with. fix the outside grade so it slopes away from house. Clean out the gutters, extend the downspouts, etc.
If pipe itself is actually leaking - You will need to replace the damaged section of pipe. You may need to chisel out the concrete, cut back the damaged section, put on a coupling to reconnect to old pipe. Use PVC primer and cement to make coupling.
If your lucky you may need a coupling piece only, depending on the damage to the pipe.
-B

Is the pipe leaking, or ground water?
"Great Stuff" comes to mind.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.
Longshot wrote:

--------------030809050109080905060908 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
<pre wrap="">I have a drain pipe going through the poured concrete in my basement wall, it only leaks around the pipe (4" PVC) I tried to caulk it but it didn't work. any other ideas?
Thanks!
Rob
--------------030809050109080905060908--