Stick a Pig on the Lipstick

Page 2 of 2

says...

It is so common an idiom, and this specific use of it was so obliquely related to the accusation, that I wouldn't even say it was a poor choice of words.
Zed

Actually, I though Palin's off the cuff "joke" was in very poor taste and was pretty demeaning to women. If a Democratic candidate had said the same thing it would have been regarded as such by the right wing media and talking heads. The crude repugs cheering and laughing at it just showed how low they have sunk.

plus Obama had used the same expression several times during the prior weeks/months of the campaign. before she compared a woman to iirc an animal.
yet if he brings up those times, it wiil just make the "story" run longer and some wont note or care that those times were earler.
If you are inclined to email me for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)

I apologize. I thought I posted this only to alt.politics, but I was responding to a peculiar cross poster and didn't catch it. Please don't respond in alt.home.repair.

But with all the belly-laughs and guffawing from the audience and Obama over it, you would have to be very neive to think that it was not directed, related, associated, or whatever with Palin. Normally an audience would not have such an uproar unless they immediately put 2 and 2 together. Which they did. So I think it was a planned, well- veiled intentianal association.
RickH says...

"Neive"?? Hee.
::header trimmed::
Belly laughs and guffaws?? I only hear cheers. The kind delivered after any good political line. And after a long list of reasons referring only to McCain, and to how and there is no possibility of "change" coming from that campaign, however they try to co-opt the word. You could stand to listen to what he's saying, too. Although certain other people would rather we be talking about pigs....
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPd4yk0x-eg
Oh, and Obama has some good ideas for education. With him in office, maybe you could learn to spell!
Banty
But with all the belly-laughs and guffawing from the audience and Obama over it, you would have to be very neive to think that it was not directed, related, associated, or whatever with Palin. Normally an audience would not have such an uproar unless they immediately put 2 and 2 together. Which they did. So I think it was a planned, well- veiled intentianal association.
I agree, but I just don't see the people/media getting all out of joint because of ti. Rather than get all huffy, continue the joke and take advantage of the notice. Sad that the slightest comment gets people all upset. Dont get mad, get even.
wrote in message

McCain said the SAME phrase in reference to Hillary. What makes that Alaskan hag so special.....NOTHING.

Well while she is nothing special, she is certainly better looking than Hillary. It's 1:00 AM and last call at the bar. Which one would you pick to go home with?
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Sarah Palin would never have lasted that long before going home...

I'd pick the man sitting on the barstool next to me.
Gay Jonny

This is alt.politics. Homos think "politics" means anything that happens in their pants, but this is a demented idea.

Geez, this is alt.home.repair, too. Who would cross post alt.home.repair, alt.fan.miss-manners, and alt.politics? I apologize to alt.home.repair for this accidental cross post. I thought XNEWS caught all these, but maybe they are using a method that gets around XNEWS.

He has said the same line several times in the campaign, before Palin was involved at all. It would be best to look at audience response on those other occasions.

If you are inclined to email me for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:49:59 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I put lipstick on my dog today, and he looked rather attractive, In fact I had to jump his bones he looked so sexy. I later found out they were Milk Bones. Now I know my dog is gay, and I have to blame Obama for it.
Bob
snipped-for-privacy@bobobobob.com wrote:

"In college I majored in animal husbandry until they caught me at it one day" -Tom Lehrer

The funniest thing is that Obama uses a very very common expression in talking about McCain dressing up the same old shit, and suddenly Palin takes it personaly.
There's a line in the original Dune book that seems to fit: "My son displays a general garment and you claim it's cut to your fit?"
That Palin took it personally indicates that she really thinks of herself as a pig in lipstick.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Ok, Osamabama is a spade.

Only to somebody who can't tell the difference between playing cards and garden tools.