steel poles

Going to put up an antenna. I'm going to look see what the home depot has to offer, but nobody puts up antennas anymore. I used to get telescoping poles. Any source ideas locally?
Greg

How long of a pole are you looking for?
Back in my TV antenna days (1971 or so) I had a 10' stick of schedule 40 rigid metal conduit going to the rotor, where it was guy wired and another 10' stick of EMT going to the antenna. That may still be on my old house.

I'm looking for about 12-15 feet. It's only going to raise my vertical cb/ Ham a99 up over my deck level. It's going to be sitting in the ground, attached to bottom of deck, which is 7-8 foot off ground.
Back in the 60's I had mail ordered a telescoping set, about 30 foot total. Going to pull out my 10 meter ssb transceiver, and also try to communicate on cb. First time in my life, I live on a hill. The antenna needs about 1 1/2 inch diameter tube.
Greg

Electrical conduit comes in 10' sticks but you could use a coupler and joint a shorter nipple to the 10' stick to get the height you need.

Look for the chain link fence top rail at a local Home Depot type store. Maybe even at Tractor Supply.
Plumbing section, and buy 3/4 inch galvanized water pipe, in 10 foot lengths. Be sure to cap the top end, or the pipe will fill with water, and will rust.
Going to put up an antenna. I'm going to look see what the home depot has to offer, but nobody puts up antennas anymore. I used to get telescoping poles. Any source ideas locally?
Greg
On May 25, 3:24am, "Stormin Mormon"

g...
15' with it firmly supported at 7-8' won't need a really strong tube. EMT should be sufficient and probably the cheapest you will get away with.
Harry K

No, but there's always the Internet.