steam radiator leak at connection

hi, i hooked up the radiator using pipe dope on the threads and it leaks from the back of the connecting "nut" any ideas? thanks

Reply to
hockeyfiend4

Likely things are cross-threaded, loose, misaligned, or simply defective. Can we assume that your connection(s) are made with pipe union(s)? A replacement iron union is cheap enough. Go for it.

barry

Likely things are cross-threaded, loose, misaligned, or simply defective. Can we assume that your connection(s) are made with pipe union(s)? A replacement iron union is cheap enough. Go for it.

barry

You might need to replace the steam valve/ union assembly. Its easy. However its important to note you must change the entire assembly. If you try to replace just the valve and not the union in the radiator, it might leak.

Reply to
Mikepier

thanks for the advice!! it turns out it wasn't seated correctly. once it straightened it out it worked fine !! thanks again !

Reply to
hockeyfiend4