steam radiator leak at connection

hi, i hooked up the radiator using pipe dope on the threads and it leaks from the back of the connecting "nut" any ideas? thanks
--
hockeyfiend4

hockeyfiend4 wrote:

Likely things are cross-threaded, loose, misaligned, or simply defective. Can we assume that your connection(s) are made with pipe union(s)? A replacement iron union is cheap enough. Go for it.
hockeyfiend4 wrote:

Likely things are cross-threaded, loose, misaligned, or simply defective. Can we assume that your connection(s) are made with pipe union(s)? A replacement iron union is cheap enough. Go for it.
hockeyfiend4 wrote:

You might need to replace the steam valve/ union assembly. Its easy. However its important to note you must change the entire assembly. If you try to replace just the valve and not the union in the radiator, it might leak.
Mikepier Wrote: > hockeyfiend4 wrote:-

thanks for the advice!! it turns out it wasn't seated correctly. once it straightened it out it worked fine !! thanks again !
--
hockeyfiend4