Standard thread for overflow plate trim screw?

Before I run to the store and buy a whole kit and/or have to wait until I h ave access to a tap and die set, does anyone know what thread the typical o verflow drain trim screw thread is?
I'm looking at something like this
https://www.plumbingsupply.com/drains.html#overflowplates
01002 (plate) 01024 (screw) 11641 (adapter bar)
What is installed is identical in appearance to the parts shown in the link above with the exception of the lack of the wording "WATCO" (it even has t he stamped "CLEANOUT" on the overflow plate.)
basically, I need to remove this and re-gasket it as someone took a big dee p bath where the water hit the overflow and caused a leak. However when at tempting to remove the plate, the screw is completely destroyed - once I ba cked it out a little bit the diameter is so completely destroyed by rust th at it won't screw out any more so will need to be cut.
I was going to replace it with either a chrome plated brass (if I can find one) or stainless steel screw to allow more easy serviceability in the futu re, but need to have the new screw on hand so as not to leave an exposed ov erflow while sourcing same which will likely cause issues with the design d epartment.
I'm assuming that this is a standard thread - maybe 10-24? - but don't know what it is not being a plumber.
I'm hoping that HD or Lowe's will have the screw but I'm not counting on it , probably going to have to order from McMaster...
thanks
Nate

10-24 would be my guess based on the screw part number. The only other likely size would be 1/4-20
Unless this is a Chinese part, then it is commie metric. Something like 5mm x 0.8
On Tuesday, October 28, 2014 2:44:34 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I have access to a tap and die set, does anyone know what thread the typica l overflow drain trim screw thread is?

ink above with the exception of the lack of the wording "WATCO" (it even ha s the stamped "CLEANOUT" on the overflow plate.)

deep bath where the water hit the overflow and caused a leak. However when attempting to remove the plate, the screw is completely destroyed - once I backed it out a little bit the diameter is so completely destroyed by rust that it won't screw out any more so will need to be cut.

nd one) or stainless steel screw to allow more easy serviceability in the f uture, but need to have the new screw on hand so as not to leave an exposed overflow while sourcing same which will likely cause issues with the desig n department.

now what it is not being a plumber.

it, probably going to have to order from McMaster...

After poking around some more I'm guessing that it's probably 1/4-20. Now to find a source that isn't mail order (if that is at all possible)
nate
On 10/28/2014 11:53 AM, N8N wrote:

You should have several in your junk box!
Paul
On Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:45:56 PM UTC-4, Paul Drahn wrote:

[...]

Hah! My junk box is big, but it ain't that big... I do have a pretty good assortment of stainless metric stuff, mostly socket head. Not so much SAE save for the typical Dorman assortment of zinc plated bolts.
Due to the death of the Real Hardware Store (tm) it appears that one really needs a fully stocked Pik-A-Nut rack in one's garage or spare room if one is to really do DIY repairs :(
nate
On 10/28/2014 2:53 PM, N8N wrote:

that it's probably 1/4-20. Now to find a source that isn't mail order (if that is at all possible)

I'd bring the parts you already have, and go to a small town hardware. Many have brass screws, which will be less likely to corrode in your wet environment.

How anybody gets 1/4-20 from "01024" is a mystery to me. I'd be going to Ace, HD, Lowes, etc to get a couple of 10-24 bolts.
--

dadiOH