stain around toilet bowl on hardwood floor

thought I had a leaky wax ring but not so. The stain on my hardwood floor in bathroom is likely due to my son's poor aim
How best to get the stain up? tia bob

buffalo ny: washable bathroom mats and motion detector night lights are in your bathroom's future. also, encourage comfort and optimal aim with the bathroom tv positioned opposite the throne. refinishing a hardwood floor may be too much work when the family is growing. sanding makes a mess. depends on what the wood is finished with. for example, four coats of polyurethane should be more resistant than what you may have. there are oversize toilet bases that lie on the floor held down by the toilet to cover the problem area; but plastic probably is not your material of choice.

The choice of a hardwoood floor in a bathroom absolutely defies common sense in a household with youngsters. Don't worry about the stain, simply install a quality vinyl sheet or tile flooring over the wood. Sheet material would be best for minimizing problems with badly aimed genitals or thoughtlessly placed shower curtains. Such an approach would not cause insatallation problems with toilets since the vinyl thickness can be easily compensated for with a good quality wax ring. HTH
Joe