squeaky hard wood floor

FS<> My hare wood floors are carpeted when I walk on them they squeak. FS<> How can I stop the squeak with out removing the carpet.
Have had generally good success with the following:
Find location of squeek; use a stud finder to locate joist. Use variable speed drill to insert 2" wood screw. I start the drill at a slow speed to ensure the screw doesn't cause a carpet pull. If OK, go to high speed to penetrate carpet and pad.
Barry.Martin at QCONline,COM
... Which worse: forgetting to zip your fly, or forgetting to unzip it? Hurry! --- MultiMail/Win32 v0.46 wcECHO 4.2 The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA * RelayNet(tm): CamCat (#3041): Telnet: bbs.camcat.com www.camcat.com --- RIME To Usenet Gateway @ 10/18/2005 2:13:00 AM ---