Sprinkler head adjustment

I have a Hunter strip sprinkler (4" popup) - SS530 nozzle. They spray to the sides just fine but in the front, they spray down. It says 5 feet out, but this guy is only shooting 15" before it hits the ground. Plenty of pressure, just aiming down. Can these be adjusted or do I need a different nozzle?

It is easy for a sprinkler head to get out of plumb because of various causes (you ran over it with the mower, or the earth wasn't packed around it well). You probably need to dig it up and pack the dirt back around while keeping the head vertical.
Kyle Boatright wrote:

Did you go to the Hunter website? The info, including the spec which tells you all about it, should be there.

Yes and I find out the PSI and pattern but not how to adjust it.
Likely dirt in the head.
Kyle Boatright wrote:

That's just it. The head is vertical. Hunter web site says it can be adjusted down 25%. But I can't find how to adjust it back up.
TC wrote:

Probably need one with a higher riser. If I picture the problem correctly, the ground slopes and the spray is hitting the slope?
TC wrote:

Problem solved. I took a file and filed down the middle part of the nozzle (the part that directs the spray down). Working now, but what a pain. According to the Hunter web site, this should be able to spray 5' X 30'. The only way you'll get the 5' (in front of the head) is to put in up about 3' above the ground.