Splicing Circuit Wire Entering Subpanel

Question. I just had as subpanel installed. Inspected it and notice that all of the feeds are through conduit. But one is romex. The circuit wires seem on the short side. I am wondering if I were to want to change out the subpanel at a later date and the wires were not long enough to configure the panel, I could repull through conduit but what about romex. I know you can't splice in the subpanel. Would I have to install a splice box in the wall before the circuit wire enters the subpanel or what?
Whereas On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 04:26:41 GMT, "Michael Roback"

Or replace the length of romex to it's load.
--
Gary J. Tait . Email is at yahoo.com ; ID:classicsat

why wouldn't you make a splice in the panel box? certainly you want the contents of your panel box to be neat and clean but your box is designed and approved to contain elec equipment, devices and connections.

It's against NEC to splice in a distribution panel (or subpanel). Typically a gutter can be installed above or below the panel intercepting the wiring. You can splice in the gutter.
ELA

Then why wouldn't other splices be acceptable?

Paul A wrote:

Overcurrent Devices." (1996 NEC) But it doen't look like a good reading of that section to me (who is no expert in NEC!).
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 04:26:41 GMT, someone wrote:

You always seem to be in a panic. *Every* post is HELP. Do you really think you need to say that?
-v.