Special screws

Anyone know the name of some screws I have in a Krups toster oven. I would like to get a screw driver to remove them. They look like a hex socket head but have a center post.
It is probably a "security torx". They will have them at a real tool store, MAC truck or Snap-on. You can just get a set of bits to fit a 1/4 hex driver.
Greg wrote:

IBM computer uses them. I got one from Snap-on tool truck. Tony
p4o2 wrote:

get a driver for them. You might be able to snap the pin out of the head by using a finish nail nail set and hammer. I was able to do this with 2 of 4 pin head screws. I couldn't snap the other two pins off, so I decided that there wasn't anything in there that I could fix anyway (ala 'fox and the grapes'!).
buy here about 9 bucks
http://www.mcmaster.com/ page 2665 Great company for all kinds of odd stuff
Wayne

I bought torx bits at either Lowe's or Home Depot (I forget which).

I needed a bit of an oddity for the bottom of a Toshiba Laptop. $20 for the security bit kit I bought at Sears ,,, lots of security bit doohickeys in a silly rubber holder block that plug into a screwdriver handle,,, has come in handy quite often. Of course I had already bought several $5 or so single 1/4 drive bits special ordered from my friendly neighborhood hardware store - now I getting to be pretty much unsecure.

Sounds like a Torx Safety Screw. Find the size T-15, T-10 or so and go to Grainger or McMaster Carr or wherever and get the Torx Safety screwdriver to fit it.