Spark Plug Wire On Chain Saw

Removing the boot from the terminal of the plug caused the small spring inside the boot to turn sideways. Efforts to get the spring pointed in the right direction so that it can be slipped over the terminal of the new spark plug caused the spring to pop out.
I assume that the spark plug wire is finished, yes?
It was extremely difficult to re-insert the spring because of a barb that runs perpendicular to the direction that the spring should be seated. Somehow, I got the spring in the boot and slipped more-or-less over the plug's terminal. Needless to say, the saw won't start.
If the spark plug wire is finished, please provide some tips on installing a new chain saw spark plug wire, and where can they be bought?
Thanks

Open your yellow pages phone book and find a specialty dealer for that type of product. Look under "lawn equipment". Call to find a dealer who has the part in stock. Take the chain saw to the dealer. Buy the part using money, and ask the person for tips on installing the part.
Simple, isn't it?
Jack,
Pull the boot off of the wire and look at the end connector. Is it easily fixable? I don't recall ever seeing these end connectors in a retail store. I guess you could ask in an auto parts store
Dave M.
You'd have to check the parts book, or contact the manufacturer. Most chainsaw I've serviced, the spark wire and the igniton coil are all part of the same assembly. Replacement boot maybe available. Call some small engine shops near you.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus