Spacing of wood furniture to a furnace

Hi All,

We are working on altering our floor plan to accommodate a exterior was direct vent gas furnace.

Does anyone know the proper spacing of wood furniture from a gas furnace such the the heat would not damage the wood?

If it helps, this is the furnace in question (not yet installed):

Many thanks,

-T

Reply to
Todd

On the datasheet you supplied, it says it needs a min of 2" side clearance from any adjacent walls. The installation manual doesn't say anything more:

From that, I'd say 2" would be all you need for wood furniture too.

Reply to
trader4

I'd agree with that. Wood burning stoves that can be 600 degrees require 36" clearance, but insulated furnaces barely reach 100 degrees.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Hi Guys,

I'd missed that. Thank you!

-T

Reply to
Todd

2 inches or 2 feet?
Reply to
Todd

2 inches as the manual specifies.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Hi Ed,

Thank you!

What page did you find that on? I must be blind. I read over the entire thing. :'(

-T

Reply to
Todd