Source in US for shower knobs?

I am having some difficulty finding hot and cold handles for my shower unit. The diverter says ELJER on it and seems to be something called a US Brass Valley Line with an Old Style (spline)

I tried a Fit-all one from Danco which seem to be useless as it both seems too long to fit on the spline, it's fit-all attachment which tightens with three small allen-key screws strips the spline and doesn't stay on and the plastic seems to have started to crumble BEFORE I even started to use it (back to Home Depot for that one)

All I have found at any hardware store seem to have an early fifties retro look about them which I find personally offensive

Does anyone know a FitAll manufacturer which makes a proper line of vaguely modern offerings or where I can get one specifically made for the US Brass Valley Line please?

Reply to
news.rcn.com

Consider signing up for some skin-toughening workshops and "life hardening" seminars if you find a shower handle personally offensive ;-)

S1

Reply to
Savvy 1

It looks like that line was discontinued in 2000 and I don't see where anyone picked it up. I wonder if any of the salvage shops might have something or how you would find out.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Have you tried a real plumbing supply shop? The one size fits all crap has never fit anything I have, but a good local plumbing supply has never failed me.

Reply to
Dennis Turner

Curiously I HAVE tried the largest real plumbing supply shop I can find in the North East called New York Replacement Parts Corp at Lexington and 94th St in Manhattan. They at first told me that they couldn't identify it from the old one or the spline look and asked me to get the old one out of the wall and bring it in to show them. Then they deny vehemently having anything whatsoever for a US Brass Valley Line Old Style and then told me to go to any hardware store for a fitall one.

My local Home Depot was where I then found the useless Danco and then some other place the $7 thirties-retro ones I am using while I try to find a proper replacement which isn't too hideous.

Does no one on-line carry a selection of this sort of thing?

Reply to
news.rcn.com

(no "S")

Reply to