Source for Hinge Replacement?

I have (literally) 100 of the following ten-year-old hinges...
http://www.analog-innovations.com/Musings/BlumHinge.JPG
which are either losing their springiness (cabinet doors don't stay closed all the way, or, as this morning, pieces of plastic are ejected with total spring failure.
Any idea of a better/economic replacement?
Thanks!
...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

There is no way that hinges should be wearing out at 10 years.
Are you sure that they are Blum? There are multiple manufacturers of similar hinges. I would contact the company direct. http://www.blum.us/webv2.nsf/html/US_80_11 !OpenDocument ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Keep the whole world singing. . . . DanG

You can clearly, in the second picture down, see "Blum" on the hinge.
House was new in June '94.
Do you know of a manufacturer of a direct replacement? I'm more than a little miffed at cabinet doors standing partially open.
My suspicion is that there is a magnetic structure in there loosing its strength.
Thanks for the Blum URL.
...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I filled out the form on the Blum page on Sunday. Today I got an E-mail offering to replace all the defective ones! Nice!
...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

This particular type of face frame hinge is not the best design and is a compromise. Take a look at this:
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/showdetl.cfm?offerings_id "81&objectgroup_id c&catid!
This hinge will hold up much better over time.
J.P.