Soundproofing furnace

I have a one story rancher. My NG furnace is in the attic above the family room. It is very noisy because it sits right on a 1/2" plywood platform on top of the floor joists in the attic.
I am replacing the furnace. What is the best way of making sure that the new furnace will be very quiet?
Carpet underlayment? Thicker plywood? Special soundproofing material? Put the furnace on springs?
Thank for any input
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

See if they offer a furnace with a variable speed motor. Also, if the unit can be "hung" from the trusses OR vibration pads put under the unit my help ease the noise problem.....

family
on
Put
help
The OP might also look into getting a piece of duct with a rubber vibration "isolator", most sheet metal places can make them up for you fairly cheap.
AMUN
Walter R. wrote:

http://www.soundproofing.org /
May offer some helpful information and products.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Walter R. wrote:

Whatever you do make sure the furnace is not vibrating a panel. Carpet underlayment works well to reduce vibration transmission. Thicker, heavier, isolated are the key words.