Solar landscape lights

Page 2 of 2
Dave wrote:

Parcels are not necessarilly mail, they're freight and delivered by a separate division of the USPS, tantamount to UPS. Some parcels are mail, those must fit into teh rural mailbox of there'll be a pick up card inserted notifying one to come to the PO. I get packages delivered to my door too but all MAIL goes into my rural mailbox at the side of the road, in fact in my case it's acoss the road because that's the direction the postal carrier drives on his route. Once again for the IQ impaired ALL rural US mail gets delivered to a properly located/constructed Postmaster approved rural roadside mailbox , NEVER EVER anywhere else. Handicapped are welcome to obtain a PO Box. All US post offices have handicapped parking. If someone is all alone and doesn't drive or is too ill to leave home there are agencies that can be designated to pick up mail from the PO, ask ones medical provider, church, town clerk, etc.... but most folks have family, neighbors and friends who can pick up their mail... but even if you're dying the rural route carrier will only deliver roadside[period]
Sheldon wrote:

I guess your mail carrier isn't your friend either.....
Go ask a physician, RURAL mail boxes can be placed elsewhere under certain circumstances, all you have to have is a special note or letter stating the medical problem, be it severe nerve damage of the legs or any other problem that can cause you to not be able to walk too far, or simply some other disability or handicap. Then you take that letter to local PO. They will help you make the arrangements to have your rural box moved to a better location for you, whether that requires moving the box across the road or not. I know this, because when working at the clinic, i constructed several of these letters for patients. It worked every time.
Not only will your carrier leave parcels in a designated area (you know, what dave was talking about? the rural form on agreement of where to leave something that doesn't fit in the box?), but they will leave extra mail, etc. in that area also. The only exception is something that has to be signed for. If it's certified/return receipt and you are not home, then they will try again the next day to deliver it. Then, they will leave a note stating that you have certified/return receipt mail that you need to pick up at the local PO.
Our area for delivery when not home is the back-porch, or one of the other vehicles upon rain. If they leave something in one of the other vehicles, then there is a note at the door stating so.
Now to clarify, the united states postal service offices do this, not the parcel service. although the parcel services will leave things at your home also.
oh, and whoever you give your key to can pick up your mail at the PO also....you only have to have someone designated upon the possibility of you needed someone to pick up something that the PO put a slip in your box for.
oh, while i know that i don't always use the best grammar and tend to type one handedly due to holding the baby, so my punctuation and caps aren't always right....your spelling is slipping a little there, Sheldon. Just thought you should know, since you think you are so perfect!
Take care & make some friends before life is over. It would suck to not have anyone at your funeral that could call you friend.
Rae

Wow, I guess they would have to shoot my carrier. We have a box at the street. When we have deliveries, or prelabled packages to be picked up, we leave an orange placard that says so. In order for the postman to do this, he has to go beside our garage, open a metal gate, go into a courtyard with a Lab/Rott mix dog and a Corgi, pick them up, sign the receipt, and leave. If they're delivering, they just put them there on a table.
We used to do ebay, and at times had ten or fifteen packages there. Every once in a while, we get a new carrier for a day, and we have to help them through the process, but not ONE has refused to pick up or leave in the side yard. We still get and send a lot of packages, and no problems.
Yeah, right. We're going to leave ten packages at the curb until the postman comes.
Hope the gummint don't find out about this.
Steve
Dave wrote:

snickering, no, lol! rae

Hi Tony,
I am responding to your google topic resspond on finding durable casing quality for solar lights. I have on hand a wide variety of solar lights with durable casing quality.
It is not cheap plastic but thick layer of weather proof plastic. To break it would mean you take a big hammer and start knocking on it repeatedly which I would doubt so.
Do take a look at the 2 URLs below for the 2 different range.
http://sg.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/i::253212790
http://sg.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/i::254849110
Regards,
VIs

It all depends. You can buy all kinds of kits, both plastic and metal. If you buy metal, be prepared to spend some money unless you find a reasonably priced source. The plastic cheapies such as Malibu last a long time, are simple to install and maintain, and easily replaced. The metal ones look a lot different, and have more aesthetic appeal.
We got lucky. A friend owns an electrical supply house, and we got the 20" high "hat" lights for about $5 each, and a bunch of good spots, some of them halogen, for $6-$7. They are copper colored, and look great.
Shop around. I never talked to anyone who had those solar ones who liked them either because they put out a tiny amount of light, or they got broken easily.
Steve
Solar light are often made of cheap plastic and do obreak under heavy use. Here are 3 example of so very heavy duty lights. You can see more details on http://www.richdeer3.com/site/1566246/page/891040 Solar Path Light Die cast zinc construction Ambient light for your walkways, gardens and landscaping Supplied with post mounting Up to 12 hrs. of light at night when fully charged Energy efficient white LED light unit * 2 year warranty SA5130
Pro Design Tier Path Light Stylish stainless steel construction Automatically turns on at dusk and off at dawn Up to 24 hrs. on a single charge Includes stake kit and ground spike (3 pieces) Powered by a German thin film silicon solar panel * 2 year Warranty SA5100
Solar Rock Light w/Pathway Marker Accent and safety lighting for outdoor areas & gardens Energy saving amber LED lighting unit Charges even in winter and when sunlight is low No wiring, simply install and enjoy Two yr. warranty #SA6103
email snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com for a 10% forum members discount.

What do you mean by "heavy use".. . the only heavy use a solar lamp should see is in it's ability to emit light. You're not supposed to use those lamps for kick the can practice... I can only imagine the black and blues, cuts and contusions, and broken bones on your wife from your heavy use.

How about driving over them?
http://www.solarilluminations.com/acatalog/Solar_Marker_Lights_Step_Ground_Lights.html
or I think I saw them significantly cheaper in harbor freight.
sdb
--
What\'s seen on your screen? http://pcscreenwatch.com
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com

Ah, when it comes to charm. No one does it like Sheldon . . uh or Shirwin . . . uh or James. Actually, I guess it's pretty common, unfortunately.
F B - F F F
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com /