Solar

Page 2 of 2

The big active winner is water heating, either the pool heater or the domestic hot water.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 30, 11:57 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I am amused this idiot who spends 600$ a month cant figure out he needs to upgrade everything and thinks 600 month is normal I paid 38 last month in a harder area in a larger house
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 23:24:39 -0700 (PDT), ransley

When Ransley is in a position to call someone an idiot, it's time for them to pause and take stock...
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 1, 7:00 am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

It would at least be a good idea to find out what the guy's cost per KWH for electricity is. Otherwise, you're comparing apples and oranges with a $600 electric bill, particularly since the poster said a similar house in a community served by another electric company would be $200.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 08:33:44 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

It would be a better idea to understand that it makes far more sense to do an energy audit before doing anything else. Installing Solar Panels is far down the list. Pick the easy low hanging fruit first, before reaching for the one or two apples that require a cherrypicker to reach.
I live where electricity is very expensive, and a $600 bill would be unusual in a house less than 5000 square feet.
For that matter, geo-thermal heating and cooling generally has a much faster ROI than photovoltaic.
If all you are looking at is cost, you do the cheapest stuff first. It's often the most effective, anyway.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Solar panels can be obtained very cheaply in some areas.
http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080915/NEWS01/809150312/1026/news12
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 1, 11:08 am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

my neighbor leaves his outside lights on all day, im sure his bill is 600 a month, but mine is 600 a year and when its warm the AC is on, to pay 7200 a year to me shows someone who doesnt care about money
Add pictures here
✖
Start with a solar water heating system. Best bang for your buck.
"Sac Dave" wrote in message I'm thinking of going to solar to offset high PG&E cost. We went to home show and talked to a few solar contractors . But I would like to hear from people that actually have solar. I just know the basic and the amount of panels they can install has a lot to do with your savings.
Add pictures here
✖
Well every body have they own opinion Solar power???? I have attended seminar on Solar power when I confronted manufacture reprisenetive how long for average home to recover investment the answer I got 15 to 18 years and that is no accounting on equipment failure and if that money was invested in CDs Solar power is good for those people living way out where is nothing better available. So in my opinion it is lot of crap. Sorry Tony

Add pictures here
✖