Snowthrower Recommendations

Page 2 of 2

Differenence between the two.
2-cycle = the type of engine
2-stage = type type of blower. A 2-stage has an auger that feeds the snow into an impeller which shoots it out the spout. A single stage only has the 'paddles' - no impellor.
Thus a 2 stage will always be higher priced (considerably) than the single stage but moves more and deeper snow. I have had both and won't go back to the single stage ever unless I move to a climate that doesn't get a lot of it.
Harry K
On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 08:24:03 -0800 (PST), Harry K

way - and most single stage are 2 stroke, virtually all 2 stroke are single stage.
Sinse Tecumseh Power Products went down the tube, the major supplier of 2 stroke engines for snow throwers is now gone - I believe Toro did not build any 2 stroke single stage throwers last year and is switching over to high speed 4 strokes in their place.