smoke detector delay - interconnected

Hi,
I was wondering if some one could recommend a few smoke detectors that are interconnected and are not very sensitive to thinks like steam or making toast. Since I need the detectors to work for two dwellings I was hoping to find ones that work on a delay such as 30 seconds to 1 minutes before the other detector starts to sound.
Thanks,
Carl
http://www.gaihosa.com

Use photoelectric style smoke detectors. They are less prone to nuisance alarms from cooking and such. If you can't get them at a hardware store, try an electrical supply company. I don't know of any brand that has a delay.