Small Concrete Patio

I have a small concrete patio outside my back door. Two, 15 x 15 feet slabs. Cracked, unenven, patched and unsightly. Thought about wood decking; wouldn't take much. Thought there might be some sort of jigsaw puzzle like material I could law down over the top; didn't know about that. Heck, I even thought about some Brady Bunch grass/carpet.
I am looking for suggestions for covering this small area.
Perhaps I'll post a link to a picture later.
DJ

Sure, you could cover it with anything to get rid of the eyesore qualities, but you'd still have a cracked and uneven cement base underneath it that will just continue to crack and become even more uneven as the years progress. You can paint a leaky rowboat pretty as you please, but it'll still end up at the bottom of the lake.
Depends on whether you're more interested in doing it cheap or doing it right. The cheap way, well, just glue down some cheap trailer trash Astroturf to the concrete. The right way would involve figuring out whether you still want concrete slab or want to go to wood deck, and then removing the old slab, adding or upgrading the foundation materials for either, and then installing either the new slab or decking.
AJS