Small centralized UPS

Page 2 of 2
RickH wrote:

Get your self an auto start back up generator, then you can keep working when the power goes out. Then you only need an el-cheapo UPS on each computer to hold them while the genny starts up.
RickH wrote:

You could look online for a refurb at a lot lower price. I've setup such systems and generators for a number of people. Years ago I found a junk dealer who had a perfectly good 10 kw ups that came out of a hotel, his crew got hold of it and ruined the darn thing. It used a dozen or so lead acid batteries about the size of a standard car battery. There are companies all over that sell refurbished and good used equipment. I have several used APC rack mount units in the shop that were picked up at auction. I haven't messed with the things yet because the price of batteries went out of sight a while back. Here's a link to one company:
http://www.wesonline.com/hardware/ups_inventory_for_sale.htm
TDD