Slow hot water flow

We have a recent (<3 years) hot water tank The water locally is quite clean and soft Previous hot water heater lasted 20+ years before the tank sprung a leak
When this tank was installed, the hot water flow was about the same as the cold water flow Since then the flow has been steadily slowing down where currently the hot wate is about 60-70% of the cold water flow
What could be causing this ? What can be done to solve this ?
snipped-for-privacy@isd.net wrote:

Might be caused by a worn cartridge or parts in the faucet set. Try replacing these and clean out the oulet screen while you're there. Check relative flow in other locations as well. Did the installer change and maybe downsize any piping?
Joe

I was the installer Piping was not changed
Loss of flow is consistent throughout the house It's just as visible in the tub/shower as the kitchen
snipped-for-privacy@isd.net wrote:

Make sure the strainers are clean. You often get sediment loose when doing that job and it can clog up strainers and other valve parts.
Other than that I like Jeff's anti-siphon valve suggestion.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

Couple of outlets don't have strainers, and they're just as slow.
snipped-for-privacy@isd.net wrote:

Does the new tank have those "heat saving" anti-thermosyphon valves in/near the water inlet/outlet fittings?
If it does, one of them may have gotten jammed or come loose and stuck somewhere.
HTH,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

I believe they do And how do I check test those ?
snipped-for-privacy@isd.net wrote:

I can't think of any "simple" way to test them other than to pick up one new one and try swapping it for what's there.
Not too hard to do if the installer used unions when the heater was installed.
Maybe someone else knows an easier way to check/test them?
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)