slow draining sink?

I have a sloooow draining bathroom sink. In the past, I've been able to seal off the overflow and then apply a plunger, and that would fix it, at least for a while.
This time, the plunger has no effect. I want to try one of the chemicals that you pour into the drain.
I've looked at Drano and Liquid Plumber at the store. Which of those 2 products might serve me best?
Or maybe there is a better product, that's commonly available at Home Depot or Lowes or etc?
Thank you Lee Carkenord
Lee Carkenord wrote:

Hi, Disassemble stopper and P trap. Look at that dirty gunk build up! Tony

A snake. Chemicals (corrosives) may help, may even clear it, but a snake removes the clog. You may want to open the trap and check it out to see if the clog is just a big hairball that you can pull out. I've take short cut, but nothing works better than a mechanical cleaning in the long run.
wrote in message

I have sturdy metal pipes, so I used pressurized air in a can. I bought it at the hardware store for about $8. Just a couple of short bursts and the drain was clear. A plunger didn't work and neither did a snake. http://www.powerplumber.com/faqs.asp
BE SURE YOUR PIPES CAN WITHSTAND THE PRESSURE.