skylight noise during rain ?

I'm thinking of buying a condo which has a skylight and an aluminum roof hatch (which goes to a roof deck) similar to this:
http://www.jlindustries.com/products/roofacc/roofhatches/aluminum.htm
They're both in the middle of the living room and I'm wondering how noisy these will be when it rains. This is in the Northeast, so it will be raining hard. Does anyone have one and can tell me how loud it will be (and if there's anything I could do to quiet it) ?
dv
The geographical center of Boston is in Roxbury. Due north of the
Depends on the type / quality of the skylight. We have one in the master bath and the first time it rains, we were surprised at how loud it was, but the sound seems to be part of the attraction of skylights. You know, closer to nature, etc. You do get used to it, and we like the natural light it provides. Yes we would have another one.

We have one in our bathroom. That was EXACTLY how we felt, louder than I thought, we just close the bathroom door, not sure I could stand it in the bedroom. Ours is plastic which I understand is louder then glass.
Drew V wrote:

Hi, My daughter lives in a loft condo(top floor of a building) with big skylight in the loft ceiling. We hear nothing when raining. Tony
Tony Hwang wrote:

Why don't you go over to your daughters place when it is raining?

Great; thanks. That's exactly what this is; a top-floor loft.
Is hers glass ? This one is and I've heard those are quieter.