single handle faucet versus two faucets?

I'll wait for a voice operated system.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

No thanks! Who wants a faucet that replies:

"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

Look it up or ask around. I'm sure you can figger it out if you want to.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Well, with separate hot and cold you at least have total control -- eg can get 100% hot or cold.

Obviously not for shower, etc, but better for some applications.

David

Reply to
David Combs

I use ONLY DELTA single handle type, but if the kitchen faucet ever fails will replace it with a single handlke and pull out sprayer

my kitchen delata is 11 years old, got new washers and diverter ONCE, the washers were fine but the diverter clogged, so I replaced everything.........

The delta this 11 year old faucet replaced was a 20 year old delta, it worked fine when changed, got a new sink. have a 9 year old delta in the bath, my fiance insisted on a 2 handle faucet, the 2 handle died after 3 years, no cartridge available so I went with a delta there, havent even changed a washer on that one.

Delta shower spray wands were a piece of junk, I replaced after 2 months. it was horrible but there faucets fantastic.

ball valves like on delta single handle tend to be highly reliable

Reply to
hallerb

We live in an Southern Arizona, where there's lots of dissolved minerals in the water.

The single-control faucets just don't hold up ! The minerals clog up the ( small ) internal controls.

In this circumstance, old-fashioned ( separate controls ) faucets just work and work and keep on workin'.

Reply to
Anonymous

My AmStd single handle faucets (3) Delta (1) and PriceFister (1) are still working fine after 9 years in Tucson

Reply to
Rudy