simple (?) question re. bleeding hot water heat system

I'm sure this question has been answered a million times, so I apologize in advance, but I tried to find the answer. Also apologize for the undoubtedly incorrect terminology.
I need to bleed one zone of my heat system. At the return, each zone has a vertical pipe with, from bottom to top, a shutoff valve, a valve with a water spigot and the pressure release (?) on the top.
What is the order for turning the valves?
I've watched the guy do it before, but can't remember the procedure.
Thanks!!
I thought you bleed the radiators first where the air is trapped.
Chris wrote:

The pros manage to do it with those valves but it seems to take about 1 minute longer than the next billing increment. <G> It takes forever.
The "homeowner" way to do it is to: 1. find the bleed valve located the highest in the zone. (Mine have always been in the bathroom) (I also have baseboard heat...) 2. Turn off the heater at the thermostat (don't need the circulator shooting hot water at you unannounced) 3. Place a towel under the valve. 4. Open the valve just enough to let the air out 5. When water starts coming out close the valve 6. Run the circulator for a while and repeat the process until all of the air is out. (Between home improvement shows on a Saturday afternoon works for me)
Brad