Silverfish

Does anyone know how to get rid of silverfish? We see one in our bathroom about 3 times/week. Any ideas? Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 19:03:26 GMT, RemiRemi

House Fire !!!! It works every time.
Seriously, I heard that borax works too. Boric Acid in trays.... Otherwise there are toxic sprays at your local hardware store. Personally I'd rather have bugs than fill my home with chemicals, but the boric acid is pretty safe for humans unless you got kids who will eat it or pets.... In that case, maybe you can hide it. Silverfish hide in old books and other paper. Put the boric near bookshelves.
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 19:03:26 +0000, RemiRemi wrote:

is it the same one each time?
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 15, 4:08 pm, Jules Richardson

How can you tell unless you spraypaint it?
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:40:52 -0700, hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

maybe they can be trained to come when their name is called?
or give the local vet a call and ask for a silverfish collar.
Add pictures here
✖
We kill them when we see them.They are on the floor. Anyone know how to get rid of them once and for all? Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖

Have the neighbors over for a hoedown?
Add pictures here
✖

Ho-Bamma?
Add pictures here
✖
On 15 Apr 2011, RemiRemi wrote in alt.home.repair:

RAID used to make a pretty effective foaming aerosol poison, probably carbaryl-based. The environuts have surely had that option eliminated by now.
Decades ago I lived in an apartment that had a bad case of silverfish (no roaches, thank heaven). I laid down a good, healthy bead of the foaming RAID along all the baseboards, and around the toilet and all the pipes that came and went. Then I repeated it. The silverfish were about 99% gone after that. I'd find the odd one here and there, mostly killing them, but the masses evidently decamped to more friendly units.
My mother lives in a seniors' home that has cockroaches. She came up with the very clever idea of placing masking tape in certain locations with the sticky side exposed so that any crawlies must travel over it to get where they're going. It works! The crawlies get stuck on the masking tape, where they may be administered capital punishment at her leisure.
Silverfish seem to like to use water and sewage pipes as highways. Perhaps you could try my mother's idea in the appropriate places.
--
Tegger

Add pictures here
✖

✖

Thank me once you get rid of the silverfish.
--
Tegger

Add pictures here
✖
RemiRemi wrote:

Get rid of the water leak. They like moisture.
--
If your doctor isn't taking new patients,
he ain't curing any of them.

Last time I saw silverfish I bought several cans of aerosol bombs and set them all off at the same time at different places in the house including the attic. Leave the house for a while after that. Never saw any more silverfish after that. I have done the same for cockroach infestations at a rental. Seems to work quite well.
Add pictures here
✖

It works even better if you do it again after a couple of weeks. Don't over-do it, though. Those things have flammable propellants.
Add pictures here
✖