Shower hot water problem.

For a period of time my the hot water in my master bathroom shower won't heat up to the usual temp. All other faucets in the house, including the bathtub (separate) next to the shower, and two other showers, all heated up properly. But just as I was about to call in a plumber it fixed itself. E.g. the water gets hot again.
I am thinking this has to do with a possible blockage, which somehow cleared. Should I still call in a plumber to look at it? This is probably going to be a major job, involving breaking through the walls.
PeterL wrote:

Is the shower control a single-handle style? Could be a problem in the cartridge leaking cold into the hot side. Could also be a "scald-guard" type with a sticking mechanism. Neither problem involves knocking walls down...
Jim

the
up
probably
Yes.
Could be a problem

Would these problem somehow "fix" themselves?

My cartrige had a stone in the hot water side. Remove valve or cartrige to see if there is any debris present

Thanks. Kind of like a kidney stone?

Probably a lot less painful!
BB
PeterL:
P > For a period of time my the hot water in my master bathroom shower won't P > heat up to the usual temp. All other faucets in the house, including the P > bathtub (separate) next to the shower, and two other showers, all heated up P > properly. But just as I was about to call in a plumber it fixed itself. P > E.g. the water gets hot again. P > P > I am thinking this has to do with a possible blockage, which somehow P > cleared. Should I still call in a plumber to look at it? This is probably P > going to be a major job, involving breaking through the walls.
It may be something as simple as replacing the washer to the hot water faucet.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Am I mumbling or are you getting hard of hearing?
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971