shower faucet question

Howdy Folks,
This is an odd question. When you turn on a shower faucet that is either off/on or hot/cold only due to turning a dial radially, is there a convention on whether hot or cold should come on first?
Thanks for your comment.
--
Uno

What Smitty says, of course.<G>

Hot on the left, cold on the right, shit don't flow uphill, and payday is Friday!

if your a plumber dont bite your nails:)
Uno wrote:

It takes a while for hot water to reach the shower; therefore, I turn it on hot while I am OUT of the shower and - testing with hand - add cold when the hot is hot. THEN I get in the shower having avoided both scalding and cold water shock.
The option is the turn it to the temperature you like and leave it there when you start/end the flow of water. That wastes more water and will need to be adjusted seasonally.
--

dadiOH